Chain link fence is perfect for those looking for a cost-effective fence solution. It’s low-maintenance, durable and an increasingly popular choice for homeowners, business owners and contractors in search of a fencing solution.
CHAIN LINK OPTIONS
- Residential | One of the most appealing features of chain link fence is its value. It’s perfect for a fence project that you can complete and still have money left in your backyard reno budget for adding privacy shrubs or upgrading your patio set.
- Temporary | Its value has also made it a popular option for those looking for a cost-effective and temporary yet high-quality fence solution. Using it as a temporary fencing solution is perfect for zoning off construction sites, directing traffic at event venues and so much more.
- Commercial | With commercial options available, it’s also great for business owners and securing the perimeter of your property and protecting what you’ve built.
CHAIN LINK DURABILITY
- Our chain link fence is made from premium materials designed to last you for seasons to come. We coat our black chain link in protective vinyl so it’s better protected against the elements.
CHAIN LINK VARIETY/VISIBILITY
- Opting for chain link doesn’t mean you’re left with no choice when it comes to design. With Black chain link being most popular in residential settings for its clean and crisp look, galvanized is a simple classic look that works well when closing off larger areas of property.
- Chain link is often revered for its excellent visibility and it’s especially true with our 2″ diamonds. However, if you’re looking to increase privacy with your existing chain link fence, adding privacy slats to full or partial fence sections and the gate is a great way to go.
CHAIN LINK POOL ENCLOSURES
- While chain link fence is perfect for the perimeter of your property, it also makes the perfect pool enclosure.
- Enclosing your pool in chain link keeps your loved ones safe and is perfect for watching your kids swim from a kitchen window or backyard deck. Just remember you’ll require 2″ diamond sizing for pool enclosures for most by-law requirements.
- It pairs perfectly with self-closing gates, a necessary safety feature of pool enclosures. Self-closing gates around pools prevent young children from wandering past a fence accidentally left wide open and allow supervising adults to easily see what’s happening from a distance.
CHAIN LINK PROJECT INSPO
While chain link fence is a great standalone addition to any project, it pairs especially nicely with iron or wood fence and is beautifully enhanced by landscape features like flowers or shrubbery. Here’s how you can dress up your chain link:
- USE PLANTS | Fence eater plants add a vibrant, floral element to your fence. If you’d like a plant that grows and covers the fence quickly, you’ll want to choose an annual like Passion Flower, Morning Glory or a Black-Eyed Susan Vine. If you’re looking for perennial options, try Honeysuckle, Dutchman’s Pipe or Climbing Hydrangea.
- INSTALL PRIVACY SLATS | Privacy slats also elevate the look of your chain link. If shutting out that nosy neighbour is more of a priority than high visibility, you can’t go wrong with slats. While typically made from aluminum or polyethylene, other materials/options include wood panels, mesh windscreens, full bamboo screens and more.
- MANICURE SHRUBBERY | Keeping well-manicured shrubbery along the base of your chain link is a beautiful way of dressing it up. Just make sure to set aside time to maintain it regularly or it’ll begin to look overgrown and unkempt.
- MIX N’ MATCH MATERIALS | Using chain link for only a portion of your fencing project has become increasingly popular and gives your space a unique look. If you’re looking to use other fencing materials along with your chain link, you can’t go wrong with iron and wood.
WHERE TO BUY YOUR CHAIN LINK
Now that you know a bit more about the various benefits of chain link and hopefully have an idea as to what you want your project to look like, check out the ‘Where to Buy’ section of our website to discover where you can get your new fence.
Check out the images below for a kickstart on project inspo or visit Pinterest to get started.